USCIS Announces Limited Re-openingPosted on Tuesday, June 2, 2020
The government has announced that “some” offices will reopen June 4 to resume non-emergency services. Many actions previously cancelled by USCIS due to COVID-19 are being automatically rescheduled including asylum interviews, naturalization ceremonies, green card interviews, and biometrics appointments. Procedures as to whom to bring, when to arrive and other important guidelines may be found for each category of re-scheduled appointment here: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-preparing-resume-public-services-june-4
Should you receive an appointment notice, be aware that offices have put health-related regulations in place, including arrival times limited to 15 minutes or less before the appointment (30 minutes for oath ceremonies) and mandatory face masks for all visitors. More complete information regarding these procedures is available on the office closure page here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-visitor-policy
Premium Processing Update
The USCIS has rolled out its timeline for resuming Premium Processing. Effective dates for resumed services are as follows:
- June 1 Begin accepting Premium Processing requests (Form I-907) for eligible I-140 petitions
- June 8 Begin accepting Form I-907
- for cap-exempt H-1B Petitions pending adjudication
- for all other I-129 petitions eligible for premium processing filed before June 8 and pending adjudication
- June 15 Begin accepting concurrently filed I-907 and I-129s for cap-exempt H-1B positions
- June 22 Begin accepting I-907
- for cap-subject H-1B petitions, both upgrades and concurrently filed with the I-129
- for all other I-129 petitions for premium processing- eligible nonimmigrant categories, filed concurrently with the petition
The USCIS announcement with further details is here:
Recent Immigration Blog Posts
USCIS Fee Increases On Hold for Now
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2020
On September 29, 2020 a federal district court blocked implementation of the increases, as well as every other provision contained in the Final Rule.
Urgent Reminder: Check Your I-94!
Posted on Thursday, August 20, 2020
It is critical for nonimmigrants to check the “admit until” date on their I-94s after each entry to the United States.
USCIS Fee Increases to Take Effect in October!
Posted on Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Filing fees important to many of our clients will see a sharp increase on October 2, 2020 when the changes outlined in the Final Rule go into effect