Immigration Law Associates
Chicago Lawyer, Attorney: Green Card, H-1B, National Interest Waiver, J-1, Spouse, Fiance, Student Visa, VAWA, Citizenship, Removal, Korean, Polish, Japanese, Spanish

What happens when my work permit expires?

If you have been granted Deferred Action and received an EAD, you will need to apply for an extension of your Deferred Action grant and your work authorization.

Unless the DACA program is changed or terminated at some time in the future, DHS intends to grant 2-year extensions to qualified applicants. You will be entitled to apply for an extension even if you have turned 31, as long as you were not 31 on June 15, 2012.

Details about the extension process will be announced before the first DACA work permits expire. There will undoubtedly be an application fee, and evidence will be required to show that you are still eligible for Deferred Action.


Contact Us:

(847) 763-8500 via email

Visit Us:

8707 Skokie Blvd., Suite 302
Skokie, IL 60077
(Chicago Metro Area)


Korean, Polish, Spanish
Visa Bulletin Processing Times