Immigration Law Associates
Chicago Lawyer, Attorney: Green Card, H-1B, National Interest Waiver, J-1, Spouse, Fiance, Student Visa, VAWA, Citizenship, Removal, Korean, Polish, Japanese, Spanish

K-3 Non-Immigrant Visa for Spouses of U.S. Citizens

U.S. citizens that marry foreign nationals outside of the U.S. must apply for a visa that allows their spouse to enter the U.S. One nonimmigrant option is to apply for a K-3 visa for their foreign-born spouse. The U.S. citizen may also apply for a K-4 visa for their spouse's unmarried children under 21 years of age. The K-3 visa and the K-4 visa were a creation of the Legal Immigration Family Equity Act and its amendments (LIFE Act), and are both temporary visas. The visas allow the K-3 and K-4 beneficiaries to enter the U.S. and file for adjustment of status after being admitted. While the green card petition is pending, the K-3 visa and K-4 visa beneficiaries may remain in the U.S., as well as apply for employment authorization until becoming permanent residents.


Eligibility for the K-3 Visa 

Eligibility for the K-4 Visa

The K-3 visa process can be lengthy and full of obstacles. Immigration Law Associates, P.C. has years of experience assist clients through the process and overcoming challenges along the way. We are more ready to support you through the steps of your case until you are reunited with your spouse. You may contact us at 847-763-8500 or e-mail us at Please note that if you are engaged to a foreign national, and not yet married, you may want to review the K-1 visa as an option.

Contact Us:

(847) 763-8500 via email

Visit Us:

8707 Skokie Blvd., Suite 302
Skokie, IL 60077
(Chicago Metro Area)


Korean, Polish, Spanish
Visa Bulletin Processing Times