Q Visa Requirements
• must take place in a school, museum, business, or similar location where the public, or at least the interested public, can be exposed to aspects of a foreign culture as part of a structured program;
• must include a cultural component as an essential and integral part of the cultural visitor's employment or training; and
• cannot provide for employment or training independent of the cultural component.
• should be at least 18 years old;
• should be qualified to perform the service and receive the type of training listed in the application;
• should be able to communicate with the US public about the cultural aspects of their home country; and
• can apply second time for Q-1 status only after staying one year outside the United States.
• must be engaged in the active conduct of business in the US;
• must also attest that it will pay the foreign national the same wages it would pay a US worker in the area;
• Must demonstrate that it has the financial ability to pay the offered wage and will provide the same working conditions US workers in the area would have.