Immigration Law Associates
Chicago Lawyer, Attorney: Green Card, H-1B, National Interest Waiver, J-1, Spouse, Fiance, Student Visa, VAWA, Citizenship, Removal, Korean, Polish, Japanese, Spanish

U Visa Procedures

Alien victims of crime must file a Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-918). The petitioner must also file a U Nonimmigrant Status Certification (From, I-918, Supplement B) from a federal, state, or local law enforcement official that demonstrates the petitioner has been helpful, is being helpful, or is likely to be helpful in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity, along with a separate statement describing the facts of his or her victimization: the nature of the criminal activity, when the criminal activity occurred, who was responsible, the events surrounding the criminal activity, how the criminal activity came to be investigated or prosecuted, and what substantial physical and/or mental abuse was suffered as a result of having been the victim of the criminal activity.

Unlike T visa which requires the petitioner to be physically present in the United States as a condition of eligibility, the petitioner of U visa can apply for the visa inside or outside the U.S.


Contact Us:

(847) 763-8500 via email

Visit Us:

8707 Skokie Blvd., Suite 302
Skokie, IL 60077
(Chicago Metro Area)


Korean, Polish, Spanish
Visa Bulletin Processing Times