Immigration Law Associates
Chicago Lawyer, Attorney: Green Card, H-1B, National Interest Waiver, J-1, Spouse, Fiance, Student Visa, VAWA, Citizenship, Removal, Korean, Polish, Japanese, Spanish

P Visa Change of Status and Adjustment of Status to Permanent Resident

If a valid reason exists, an alien who is already in the U.S. in a nonimmigrant classification can change his status to P category by filing a change of status application with USCIS.


Although a P alien is required to maintain his foreign residency while he is in P status, he can lawfully seek to become a permanent resident. Therefore, the approval of a permanent labor certification or the filing of an immigrant petition is not a basis for denying a P petition, an extension request, or a change of status application.

Contact Us:

(847) 763-8500 via email

Visit Us:

8707 Skokie Blvd., Suite 302
Skokie, IL 60077
(Chicago Metro Area)


Korean, Polish, Spanish
Visa Bulletin Processing Times