Immigration Law Associates
Chicago Lawyer, Attorney: Green Card, H-1B, National Interest Waiver, J-1, Spouse, Fiance, Student Visa, VAWA, Citizenship, Removal, Korean, Polish, Japanese, Spanish

Qualifying Religious Vocations

  1. Ministers: To qualify as a minister, the applicant must be authorized by a recognized religious denomination to conduct religious worship and to perform other duties usually performed by authorized members of the clergy of that religion;
  2. Professional Workers: To qualify as an R worker in a "professional capacity," the applicant must seek to engage in an activity in a religious vocation or occupation for which the minimum of a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent degree is required;
  3. Other Religious Workers: Includes those religious workers coming to work in a religious vocation or occupation for the denomination's non-profit religious organization or for a bona fide affiliate; the proposed activity must relate to a traditional religious function.

Contact Us:

(847) 763-8500 via email

Visit Us:

8707 Skokie Blvd., Suite 302
Skokie, IL 60077
(Chicago Metro Area)


Korean, Polish, Spanish
Visa Bulletin Processing Times