Call us: (847) 763-8500
Select Language

Immigration Law Associates, P.C. logo

Crime victims may have a special pathway to legal permanent residency. If you are the victim of domestic violence by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse or parent, or a U.S. citizen child, you may be eligible to apply for a green card through the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Additionally, if you are the victim of certain other crimes and can show that you have cooperated in the investigation or prosecution of the crime, you may be eligible to apply for a U-visa, which provides an eventual path to permanent residency. We will guide you through this complicated and emotionally difficult process and help determine the best options for you.