Call us: (847) 763-8500
Select Language

Immigration Law Associates, P.C. logo

The EB-3 Category

A foreign national may be eligible for the EB-3 immigrant visa preference category as a skilled worker, professional, or other worker:

  • "Skilled workers" are those whose job requires at least 2 years of training or work experience.
  • "Professionals" are individuals whose job requires at least a U.S. bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent). A combination of education and experience may not be substituted for the required degree.
  • "Other workers" are those who perform unskilled labor requiring less than 2 years training or experience.

All those seeking permanent residence in this category must have a full-time permanent job offer and a sponsoring employer. In all cases, the position offered must be one for which qualified workers are not available in the United States. This is normally established via the PERM labor certification process.