Immigration Law Associates
Chicago Lawyer, Attorney: Green Card, H-1B, National Interest Waiver, J-1, Spouse, Fiance, Student Visa, VAWA, Citizenship, Removal, Korean, Polish, Japanese, Spanish

The F visa for academic students

Qualifications for the F visa: To be eligible for an F-1 student visa, a foreign national must meet the following criteria:

To search for a DHS-approved school, please visit

F-2 visas for the spouse/minor children of an F-1 student
The spouse and minor children of the F-1 student may join the student in the U.S. by obtaining F-2 visas. The spouse of the F-1 student may not accept employment or attend school, unless the studies are recreational in nature. Children in F-2 status are eligible to attend public or private schools in the U.S. from elementary through 12th grade.


Additional information:


Contact Us:

(847) 763-8500 via email

Visit Us:

8707 Skokie Blvd., Suite 302
Skokie, IL 60077
(Chicago Metro Area)


Korean, Polish, Spanish
Visa Bulletin Processing Times