Immigration Law Associates
Chicago Lawyer, Attorney: Green Card, H-1B, National Interest Waiver, J-1, Spouse, Fiance, Student Visa, VAWA, Citizenship, Removal, Korean, Polish, Japanese, Spanish

Visitors, Students and Trainees

Immigration Law Associates, P.C. assists those seeking to come to the U.S. on temporary visits for tourism, study, business or training. These visas include: B-1/B-2 Business Visitor Visas, J Exchange Visitor Visa, F-1 & M-1 Student Visas, and H-3 Trainee Visa.  Foreign nationals seeking these visas face a host of challenges, as do their sponsors and employers. We have helped clients in many diverse situations achieve their goals in the U.S. Below are brief introductions to the visas and links to detailed information.


B-1 Business and B-2 Tourist Visas

A B-1 visa is a temporary nonimmigrant visa for an individual whose intention to enter the United States is based on a temporary visit for business while a B-2 visa is striclty for pleasure.


J Exchange Visitor Visa

The "J" exchange visitor visa is a nonimmigrant visa given to foreign participants in a "J Visa Program" - a program designed to promote the interchange of persons, knowledge, and skills in the fields of education, arts, and sciences.


F-1 Academic and M-1 Vocational Student Visas 

The United States has long believed in the importance of education and allowing foreign nationals to study in the U.S. The nonimmigrant student visa category was created to fulfill this purpose. The F-1 visa is an academic student visa, as well as a visa for students in language training programs. The M-1 visa is a vocational student visa, as well as a visa for other nonacademic schools.


H-3 Trainee Visa

An H-3 trainee is a nonimmigrant who seeks to enter the United States at the invitation of an organization or individual for the purpose of receiving training in any field of endeavor.


U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has released a Fact Sheet to provide F, M or J nonimmigrants and their respective school/program officials with basic information on obtaining a driver’s license or a state identification (ID). 

Contact Us:

(847) 763-8500 via email

Visit Us:

8707 Skokie Blvd., Suite 302
Skokie, IL 60077
(Chicago Metro Area)


Korean, Polish, Spanish, Farsi
Visa Bulletin Processing Times