Immigration Law Associates
Chicago Lawyer, Attorney: Green Card, H-1B, National Interest Waiver, J-1, Spouse, Fiance, Student Visa, VAWA, Citizenship, Removal, Korean, Polish, Japanese, Spanish

Working While on a M-1 Student Visa

A. Employment is not allowed while studying on the M-1 Visa;


B. Application for practical training in the field of study is available after studies are complete;


C. If practical training is approved, M-1 students can receive 1 month of training for every 4 months spent studying, not to exceed six months;


D. Employment authorization must be filed.

Contact Us:

(847) 763-8500 via email

Visit Us:

8707 Skokie Blvd., Suite 302
Skokie, IL 60077
(Chicago Metro Area)


Korean, Polish, Spanish
Visa Bulletin Processing Times